How to Link Pan-Aadhaar?
It has been a long time since the government instructed that the PAN-Permanent Account Number and Aadhaar Card be linked. Deadline postponed several times. Now the deadline is set for March 31st.
Linking to Pan-Aadhaar is like this:
- First you have to open the Income Tax e-Filing Portal https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
- Here you have to enter your PAN number as your User ID. Then enter the password, enter your date of birth.
- Then pop up a pop-up window asking you to link to your PAN number with Aadhaar.
- If the pop-up does not come up, click on the Link Aadhaar in the menu bar which appears in the Profile Settings pressing on the eFiling portal.
- This will include your date of birth, gender, etc. in your PAN card.
- Make sure the PAN details match the details in Aadhaar. One of the two is to change the detail appropriately. Click the Link Now button if both are matching. Then your PAN number will be paired with Aadhaar. Go to https://www.utiitsl.com or https://www.egov-nsdl.co.in web site where you can add PAN and Aadhaar.